Many people ask about how we get started on a home portrait–and what we need from them to proceed. It’s pretty straightforward.
WHAT WE NEED TO GET STARTED:
1. You tell us what you want done and when you need it. Understand that holidays are a very busy time.
2. You choose among the options available for portrait dimensions (5×7″ / 8×10″ / 11×14″ / 14×18″)
3. You send us clear, head-on photos of your home’s facade and photos of any details that you want to highlight (and preferably the address, if it’s in the Chicago area)
4. You send us the first 50% of the fee to book in the work.
WHAT WE DO FROM THERE:
1. We e-mail you a rough pencil draft showing how the home/building is framed and get any final input from you.
2. We pen and ink the pencil draft and texture it until it’s a complete portrait.
3. We send you a photo of the near-final pen and ink portrait for any final input.
1. We ship (if you’re outside Chicago) or arrange a pick-up time at our Ravenswood home/studio
2. You receive the signed original and pay the final 50% of the balance
3. We send you links to the scanned images of the home portrait to download/reprint/use as you wish
That’s about it. We’re always available throughout the process if you have questions, so don’t hesitate to get in touch!